How could a Messiah who was crucified possibly be of any help?
How do we make a mere symbol of Christianity, an emblem of one religion in a sea of others, a symbol that stands set apart from others?
What makes Good Friday truly Good?
The Roman cross was a loathsome manner of execution that inflicted an anguished death. And yet in the striking reflection of beauty and sacrifice, there was a body on the beams that willfully hung on our behalf.
Here are a few take-aways:
1. Jesus is a Cosmic warrior, come to do battle with the forces of Darkness – Bishop Barron
2. The Cross is a war stricken battlefield on which the Son of God fights for us, with weapons far from the weapons of this world.
3. The Cross Wins, because Love Wins
Here are a few reflections:
1. Do you see your sin beyond the mercy of God?
2. How can you allow the Cross to bring you Comfort right where you are?